Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2014

Finally Winter

It's starting to feel like winter finally.  The only downside is that I'm going to be cold all the time for the next 3 months.  There are some things that I enjoy about the winter.  I love having hot chocolate curled up on the coach, sweaters and super hot showers.  I also love wrapping up in scarves since I have so many.

When I was little, I loved winter and the snow.  Not just because school would be closed, but because I genuinely loved it.  Then I got sick.  One of the main symptoms for Hashimoto's for me aside from the lack of energy and depression is sensitivity to cold.  I think for the first year, I only went outside if I had to.

Now that I'm an "adult," (I don't think I'm an adult because I rarely act like one) winter is mostly just a pain.  Especially the snow because my job doesn't close if it snows.  I don't think many people will be out in the snow, but those that are cannot drive.  I know that my car is not good in the snow, so I will avoid driving.  I'm hoping that this year is not bad.

I'm looking forward to the winter this year.  I still don't enjoy the cold, but I think it will be fine.  I will just bundle up and enjoy my time being curled up in blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment