Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Brain Recovery

I feel like my brain has finally recovered from the psychological trauma I suffered three years ago.  The depression really eats away at my creativity.  I forced myself to write, whereas before the trauma words would just flow easily in my head.  I used to carry a notebook around to write down the string of words and then I would incorporate them into stories, essays or poems later.

Now, the words have come back.  I am writing a lot more now, which makes me so happy.  While I haven't come up with any stories or poems quite yet, writing this post is just pouring out of me.  Now, I should be able to write articles and start working on a book.  If I write for an hour a day, does that make me a writer?

I am currently working on an article on Hub Pages about how to support a friend with depression.  It's just for friends/co-workers as family structure is different.  I am also keeping a journal and writing letters.  I would like to write a book, but am not sure what it will be on.  I also have an idea for a PhD, but have to figure out schools I would like to apply to.

My brain finally feels like I'm going to be able to be myself again.  I know that I can achieve my dream of being a professional writer.  I am going to start researching and editing as well.  One of my posts will be published in my temple newsletter, the Menorah, next month.  So, maybe I could be a writer.

I have other goals that I'd like to accomplish like getting back to physical health as much as I can and try to be a better friend.  I also need to fix my debt situation as I'm lugging around 70k in student loans and credit card debt.  I will slowly get that down, one bill at a time.  I'm looking into more ways to make money and now that I have writer's brain back, maybe I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment