Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Fixing Things

I've been working on fixing parts of my life.  The primary focus at the moment is my health.  However, I have a huge challenge there: sugar.  I have a major sweet tooth, which is partially why I am so heavy.  It looks like I will have to learn moderation and cut out soda.  With Thyroid issues, many people crave salty foods, which can cause blood pressure issues.  I've never had major cravings for salty food.  I have to continue teaching myself how to eat healthy.

The other thing I have to do to fix my life is work out.  Now that I'm no longer on Pristiq, I need something to keep the dopamine and norepinepherine up.  I have to figure out some type of routine where I can get 30 minutes of aerobic exercise in at least 4 days a week.  I also need the weight to go down because I am prediabetic.  I weigh 229 pounds, which is way too high.  The thinnest I ever was post high school was 178 pounds.  I liked being that weight.  I think that that would be a manageable healthy weight for me.  Maybe I would be able to get off metformin that way or at least reduce it. 

I'm starting on birth control for the first time.  Not because I'm out to be a super slut, but because I'm tired of the hormone imbalance.  I have facial hair that can rival a man.  I am also 30 and still get acne.  Aldactone, which is supposed to stop the testosterone doesn't work for me.  I'm hoping that the birth control will even out some of my other aesthetic problems.  We'll see how it goes.  I start on that on Sunday.

Aside from my finances, which is a very slow process, the rest of my life seems pretty good.  I have great friends.  I have a companion who I see regularly.  He is cute and nerdy, which works well for me.  I know that it won't be the same with Rose, but that's ok.  I'm having fun with my companion.

I think the things that are my goals to fix this year are my health and finances.  Being an adult is kind of boring sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment