Search This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2015

More Challenges

My life is just full of challenges right now.  Money challenges, weight challenges, food, space and even my hair.  On the flip side I have some positive challenges as well like my job and a fitness challenge starting in August.

I'll start with the positive challenges.  At work I applied for a promotion to field trainer.  It never hurts to apply.  If I don't get it then, I will continue working on getting my national certification and becoming a lead technician.  It's just nice to know that I have a shot at both without being under a microscope.  I am also signing up for a fitness challenge, which is also through work.  If I complete it, I get 4000 points put into my account, which I can redeem for gift cards or merchandise.  Plus it's a way to motivate me to get more active and maybe lose a little weight.

A lot of my other challenges are based on my weight.  I am still at 236 pounds, which is very heavy for me.  Part of the the weight is from stress and a poor diet.  I'm learning how to eat better especially on a budget.  The other major thing is my lack of energy and exercise.  Now that I have the methylfolate, (I can't break down folic acid into methylfolate, so I take it separately), I am starting to get more energy so I can exercise.  I know that I lost a lot of weight in the UK because I walked everywhere.  I think now that I live in a town with sidewalks, I should start walking to places. 

The other issue is my hair.  I have hard water and it's really affecting my hair.  My hair gets more dry and brittle because of the water.  I'm not sure if it's the shampoo or build up or what, but it's just making me feel flat and blah.  I do think that I will dye it back to a darker brown, maybe my natural hair will make things better.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Overall though I am feeling better.  I have a great motivator in Krystina and some of my work buddies.  I do miss hanging out with people.  That is the constant challenge: being social. 

Activity: made scrambled eggs and home fries after a surprise 11 hour shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment