Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Frustrated

I'm really frustrated with the fact that I'm not losing weight.  I probably should exercise more, but I think it's my thyroid that's holding me back.  I really hate the way my body is.  It does nothing that I want it to.  My hormones are off because of my thyroid.  The other downside is the exhaustion.  I have a bit more energy, but it's not the easiest thing in the world to fight it.  There has to be something better than just managing the symptoms.

I am following the diet of having more fruits and vegetables with lean meats.  I am more active than I have been yet the weight is still clinging.  I'm also eating a lot less than I have been in the past.  My mother said that potatoes are the reason why I'm not losing weight, but I don't eat those often either.

I know that my exercise is lacking.  However, every time I try to do intense exercise programs, my thyroid acts up and I end up having a thyroid episode where I gain a ton of weight.  The only exercise I can really do is yoga and walking.  I have a rotating schedule and an active job, so sometimes exercise is just not on the agenda. 

I don't know what else to do aside from divide up the exercise.  The nurse who is helping me with the program says that's she's not concerned with the number on the scale, but with my blood pressure, cholesterol level and energy level.  The problem is that I care about the number on the scale.

1 comment:

  1. I typed why is ophelia frustrated because im doing an analysis on her from hamlet and this came LOL

    ReplyDelete