Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Enemy

This week, the mirror has been my enemy.  I do not like what I see there.  I have acne again and have gained weight.  I know that this is because of my thyroid condition, but I cannot get a break and get ahead.   I feel like I weigh 500 pounds.  I am frustrated with the fact that I lost weight and was treating myself better and then boom, but to square 1.

The worst part about it is my intolerance of cold.  I am shivering all the time and cannot seem to get warm.  That is another reason why winter is difficult for me.  Before I used to love playing in the snow, now I can barely go outside.  I keep working through it.

It's frustrating that I had a campaign over the summer because I was thinner and feeling good, then 3 months later, I'm back to where I was when the incident happened.  It feels like I wasn't meant to win any battle.  I'm just going to keep fighting forever.

I'm not even going to talk about the fatigue or the fact that I can't find the time to have a blood test.  Basically, I've been lying to myself about caring about me because I'm not doing a good job.  This is yet another setback and my enemy, the mirror keeps reminding me of it.


1 comment:

  1. When this kind of thing happens, you have 2 options: a. Get upset and see it as a failure, or b. Seize this as a challenge and strive to overcome it. Anything worth doing is not easy, and vice versa. We all have setbacks and bumps in the road. We can make excuses and be mad and punish ourselves, or we can learn, grow, and move on. The choice is completely up to you.

    ReplyDelete