Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Progress

Today was a day of progress.  I had a little bit of frustration, but that's normal as I'm still fighting this blasted cold, which has now moved to my throat.  The progress was on the mental front and the fact that healing is possible.

I've mentioned previously that I'm designing and implementing training at my office.  It's something that I enjoy doing and it's having some success at the moment.  I am so proud of myself for being innovative enough to do something to fix the slump in sales.  I told him about the feelings of pride as well as the successes and he seemed just as pleased as me.  I think he's trying to get me to change my personal motto to "strive."  It might one day because everyday I strive to get better.  It's a difficult process as most know, but I'm working on it.

During our e-mail conversation, he asked me what I thought about a project he was thinking of implementing. We were sending e-mails back and forth about how to get the material, if it was a good idea, how long it would last etc.  He thanked me for the suggestions that I made.  It felt good to collaborate with him again on a project.  It's a start as it shows progress towards healing. 

It's great to start to feel warm and complete inside again.  I know that it won't be like this everyday, but I have something to fall back on.  I have the hope things will get better in time.

As for personal goals, I still plugging away at them.  I'm hoping to finish the major one of paying off my credit card by January.  After that everything else should roll in.  I am not pretending to be anything else besides me anymore.

I may come off as superior and demeaning at time because I am that intelligent.  Sometimes it's difficult to be around people not as brilliant as me.  That's probably why I liked him so much because he is that intelligent.  I am me.  I am crazy, messy, intelligent, and beautiful because there is no one else like me in the world.  No one has to like me, but I cannot always change they way I am.  I can only keep striving and succeeding.


No comments:

Post a Comment