Search This Blog

Friday, May 17, 2013

Mantra

Everyone has a personal motto or a mantra that keeps them going through the difficult times.  It could be "onwards and upwards" or it could be "excelsior" like from Silver Linings Playbook.  Everyone has one and I am going to share and explain mine, which is "one more miracle."

I started using this as my mantra because it's from my favorite series, Sherlock, the modern day adaptation of Sherlock Holmes stories that stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Holmes and Martin Freeman as Watson.  The last scene of season 2 is :  "One more thing.  One more miracle, Sherlock, for me.  Don't be dead.  Would you do that just for me?  Just stop it.  Stop this."  This quote shows the depth of Watson's belief in Holmes and the effect that one person can have on another.  It's the one thing that I watch over and over.

Someone told me today that miracles don't exist.  That I work.  I think that they don't understand what a miracle is.  At least not to me.  Miracles take hard work and seem impossible, but when they happen they bring so much joy and satisfaction.  A miracle is a simple small act of caring because in the world full of craziness and death, a small act of kindness is a tiny miracle.

So, yes I believe in miracles because they are small and take a terrible amount of work, but they exist.  My miracle will be making it to my 28th birthday.  That is in 7 months and it is going to take every ounce of strength and all the tools and coping mechanisms and help that I can get, but making it to 28 will be my miracle.  One more miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment